5 Vital Lessons Every Empath Must Learn
We’ve all been there, desperate to help someone we love who is in pain. And I’m willing to bet that most of us have also burned ourselves out at some point. Here are a few tips I’ve learned over the years which help you find peace, nurture and look after yourself.
1. Look after yourself first!
You can’t help others when you are broken and exhausted.
2. Creating strong personal boundaries is likely to upset others!
Do it anyway! Sensitive people must create strong boundaries or they are really not much use to anyone – including themselves!
3. If a situation is painful, abusive or destructive…
Get out! Don’t sit there saying “I am accepting what is”. Some things are simply unacceptable.
4. Learn that sometimes you can’t help the one you want to help.
As hard as it is, everyone has their own path and their own lessons to learn in life. Don’t despair, simply send them unconditional love, their soul will receive it.
5. Accept that you can’t save the world and everyone in it!
Again, a hard one. But realise there is a bigger picture, none of us have all the answers. We have to learn to accept that if we are to have peace in our own hearts and continue to shine the light we came here to shine, for the benefit of all.